Occasionally keep command key pressed

Describe the bug
The operating system will behave as though the CMD button is pressed.
Symptoms, navigating a webpage means every link is opened in a new tab, or pressing the letter 't' automatically opens a new tab. Pressing 'tab' brings up the application switcher. etc...

Quitting / restarting BTT solves the problem. I cannot tell what triggers the problem to start with though, but it seems to occur every few hours of use.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
not one input device specifically, but each device is affected in the same manner as though I were holding the 'CMD' button.

Screenshots

I can try to provide a video if you think that would help, but it's a pretty straightforward bug.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBookPro 15" 2017
  • macOS version: 10.14.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.04(1163)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.