Now Playing widget switches to what is playing in Safari

List item

Describe the bug
When using the bundled now playing widget, which is awesome, it switches to what is playing in Safari when any kind of media is playing on a page.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP 15" 2018
  • macOS version: 10.14.2 Beta (18C48a)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.660 (968)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

That is normal, it just uses the "Now Playing" information provided by the system.

Is there any way to change that? I really don't ever want safari now playing in the widget.

Currently there is no way to exclude applications. This might be possible in the future, but I'll need to look into it and would need to add a way to select applications to exclude etc., so this probably won't be included in the next versions.

You could put the widget in a conditional activation group, so it is hidden when safari is the frontmost app, however it would still show when Safari is playing in the background.

Okie doke, thanks for the response :slight_smile:
I'll try using one of the AppleScript versions and see if that works.