Now Playing Touch Bar Widget doesn't show current music after pausing

touch-bar
now-playing-widget

Describe the bug
I have Now Playing widget in my touchbar with the Line 1 customization "{title} — {artist}" and, after pausing and playing the music again I get a string like " — " (different from the "Paused" string I have for my paused status).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: 10.14.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.716

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
If I repeatedly press pause/play quickly it eventually restores.

The player I'm using is iTunes/Apple Music.

0 Likes

Is there any news regarding this issue? I'm starting to feel a bit of disappointment regarding the feedback given here since this bug report of mine doesn't seem to be the only one without a single response for weeks or months.

I understand that it may be difficult to reproduce some bug reports. Or, eventually, even fixing some of them. But there should be an acknowledgement that it's being worked on or, at least, that the bug report was seen by anyone, since it's a paid product.

0 Likes

This is my first time noticing this thread! I can at the very least confirm that this happens all the time. The now playing widget is fairly “unstable” in what song information shows up and when. Additional stability here would be appreciated if it’s something under BTT’s control.

0 Likes

Okay, now that I know this specifically happens after pausing and then playing again, I can't not see it. What's silly is that the album art appears if you pause the music again, and goes away when you start playing. And you also lose all song information display until you either skip to the next track or go back to the beginning of the current track.

Now that we know the specific behavior, I can imagine we can pinpoint the source of the error @Andreas_Hegenberg?

0 Likes