NotchBar: Menus not showing and flickering

Hi,
I have a Setapp subscription but the BTT app there is not the latest and its not possible to update yet. This is why I downloaded (today 21 January) the trial version form https://folivora.ai/. It is the last version and I have restarted my computer several times.

Describe the bug
Application's menus wont work properly. For example: I put the cursor on Finder (or File or any other menu) in MenuBar and I left click it: first te pointer flickers, then it waits for a while and only then it opens the menu. The same goes with any other app except BetterTouchTool. If I try to access any of BTT's menubar menus the cursor flickers forever and nothing wont open.

Affected input device: Menu Bar only (the widgets and activities are working nicely)

Screenshots The behaviour is not visible on a static image so I made a very short video:

Device information:

• Type of Mac: macbook pro 16 m1max
  • macOS version: 12.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: downloaded today (21 January from https://folivora.ai/). Cant really see the number because I can't access the Bettertouchtool menus to check it out). It is the latest because your ExampleNotchBarNew preset works - on my Setapp version of BTT wouldnt work because it was not the latest)

there is a known conflict with an app called magnet, do you have that running?

thank you so much for your help. Yes, it was running. Once I closed Magnet, everything worked just fine. I did not know about that conflict.

I will soon check whether there is a way to prevent this, I’m not yet sure what’s causing this exactly, maybe the magnet app is doing something with these mouse events. I have not yet looked into this in detail, but I hope I get to it next week.

I’ll add a note to the quickstart docs

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

FYI this is happening to me. I don't have Magnet running but I do have the app Mosaic installed.
And also Stay.
I'm on 3.772

Any update on this ? I have the problem while Magnet is running.