Not possible to configure "Apple Remote" on first installation of version 3.600

Hello,

I installed the latest version 3.600 (1746) to configure "Apple Remote" but che configuration page return this message "Sorry, there is no BetterTouchTool plugin registered."

• Type of Mac: Mac mini
  • macOS version: 10.15.7
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.600 (1746)

I tried also the previous version (3.579) and it's the same issue, but work correctly with 3.553.
This issue appear only with new installation; a workaround is to use 3.553 version (or also another I think) for the first installation, and then update to 3.600

Thank you very much

The workaround works also with 3.570 (1710) version for the first installation, and then update to 3.600

Unfortunately I don't have any Mac that can work with the Apple Remote anymore and this is only available in the old UI, thus I have decided to hide/disable the Apple Remote support by default for new users.

In case anybody else runs into this, you can use this terminal command to activate the plugin:
defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool useAppleRemotePlugin YES

I have opened a terminal and I have run this command, but it don't work for me... can you help me? Thank you very much!

I suggest the application run automatically this command the first time an user configure a trigger for "apple remote"...

You need to quit BTT before running the command

Yes of course, but do not work for me... How can I verify the execution of the command? In some log? in some configuration file?

After several tests, I update the workaround to install latest version of BetterTouchTool that work with Apple Remote:

(1) Install BetterTouchTool version 3.570-1710 or earlier (btt3.570-1710.zip)

(2) Configure at least one trigger for "Apple Remote" (verify that when configuring the first trigger for "Apple Remote" it asks you to specify if it is the "Aluminum" or "Plastic" model ("Aluminum or plastic remote?") - This step is mandatory: if you update to latest version before configure the first trigger for "Apple Remote", you will be able to configure them but they will not work

(3) Update BetterTouchTool to the latest version

(4) Configure any additional triggers for "Apple Remote"

I am waiting for news about the definitive solution of the problem.
Thank you very much!