No conflict menu with key sequences?

@Andreas_Hegenberg If two actions have the same shortcut as a trigger, logically a conflict menu appears.This does not work for me if the trigger is a key sequence (instead of a shortcut).

Is this supposed to be like this or is this a bug?

this sounds like a bug, I’ll have a look!

1 Like

I think this might not be the first time we talk about this :smiley:

Let's see whether I can add it. I think last time I realized it's more complicated than I thought.

Mm, not sure what you mean. Maybe what you said here?

"I think the key sequences feature would would need (in addition to the "max pause between key presses") a "minimum pause between key preses" and additionaly a way to to match a range (or all) keys. Both could be nice additions in general, I'll check whether I can add this."

But isn't that something else? If a trigger triggers two actions, BTT doesn't know what to do. So BTT asks with a conflict menu. Like with shortcuts and gestures, no?

No I mean my comment from September 6, 2022 in the BetterTouchTool source code in the screenshot :wink:

TODO: showing a multi trigger context menu would be helpful

Ah, ok. :joy:

But how does BTT solve the problem at the moment. I do not recognize any system. Sometimes one action is triggered, then the other, or none at all.

It's indeed kind of random at the moment, so I should definitely follow up on that
TODO :slight_smile:

For now, this can be solved with a custom menu, so take your time.

Muuuuch cooler is this :slightly_smiling_face:

"I think the key sequences feature would would need (in addition to the "max pause between key presses") a "minimum pause between key preses" and additionaly a way to to match a range (or all) keys. Both could be nice additions in general, I'll check whether I can add this. "