Newest BTT 2.717: Hide Menubar Items Temporarily does not work anymore

Describe the bug
Hide Menubar Items Temporarily does not work anymore

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBP Retina
  • macOS version: Latest HS
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.717

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Mhh it seems to work fine here, I'm currently on v2.723 / v2.724 alpha - maybe try to update to that.

I have 2.724 alpha installed now. I restarted my mac. Even took a new preset and making sure i trigegr the command through Hud-Display. The command is being triggered but the Menubar-Items from (File, Edit, View) etc. are not being hidden like before. This problem occured after I run the command (Show/Hide Menubar Items left of BTT) for the first time yesterday with a trackpad gesture. After running this command the "Hide Menubar Items Temporarily" wouldnt work anymore. (I also installed "Vanilla for Mac" yesterday, but I deinstalled it already.) I am sad, because I highly used this function to see all of my Menubar-Widgets really fast. Do you have other suggestions? Thank you!

Could you check what happens when you execute this terminal command?

open /Applications/BetterTouchTool.app/Contents/Resources/BTTHelper.app

? (Assuming your BetterTouchTool is in the global applications folder)

When I enter

open /Applications/BetterTouchTool.app/Contents/Resources/BTTHelper.app

I get the following:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10825 for the file /Applications/BetterTouchTool.app/Contents/Resources/BTTHelper.app.

Meanwhile I deinstalled the current BTT and intsalled a previous BTT (2.05) and the desired command works there like a charm!

Ahh thanks, that code means "incompatible system version". Probably something caused it to only work on Mojave. I'll look into that. (And I highly recommend upgrading to Mojave, as there are some super bad security issues in older macOS versions :-))

1 Like

I am using OSX High Sierra (10.13.6).
Yes thank you! is there a link for the Version before 2.717 meanwhile? Because before it worked. Thank you! But I am always a late adopter with OSX Software. I always update after nearly 10 months after it has been released to prevent system failures etc. Thank you!

all previous versions are available via https://folivora.ai/releases, but I can not tell yet which started the issue!

1 Like

Thank you! btt2.701.zip 2019-01-27 00:21 18M

works totally fine with the "Hide Menubar Items" on the latest High Sierra. So the problem must occure in the versions afterwards (i definetly had a problem with 2.710 as well: So it is a version between 2.701 - 2.710). Thank you very much!!