New Now Playing Widget Bug

seems pretty consistent now! i have "show icon & paused" when paused but also the icon switched off so it only shows "Paused" and it seems to be working fine! will report any more issues as development moves along.

the returning from Sleep is a known bug, i think there is a topic on it.

It just worked with 7 days before, but Ill give it a try--

Edit: still crashes with only 5 day forecast

Ah just received a crashlog that shows it. Could you try v2.615?

1 Like

That made it work ! Thanks :smiley: btw, {moonphase} is always the same here, dno if its for my location or something, but stopped using it now : )!

BTW, I see now playing works for youtube videoes too in safari, is it possible to make it work with Chrome (and maybe VLC too) instead ? Sorry for being so demanding

The moonphase thing has also been fixed with v2.615, but it only supports :new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon:, so it only changes 8 times a month.
//edit: oh I just noticed I forgot the :waning_crescent_moon:. Will be added with the next alpha. Will also make the ranges a bit wider, then it will change more often.

Unfortunately Chrome and VLC are not possible, see Now Playing widget suggestions

I'm having a slightly different issue now, when set to "Hidden when Paused" after the first pause the Now-Playing widget appears like this for some reason:

The space appears to be there, but the words/album art do not appear. Again this is just with my external keyboard, when using a BTT configured Play/Pause button everything works great!

Also, thank you so much for adding text justification!!!!

Overall the Now Playing widget seems to be working consistently for me now, thank you for all the fixes, the design is amazing! Now for a native play/pause button? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One note, iTunes still doesn't open when hitting the widget. This is because something in iTunes's design stops if from being "brought to front", it will activate it but not open the window. However, if you launch the application with the BTT "Launch Application/ File" option, the window opens! Therefore I recommend launching iTunes specifically, while bring to font will still work for spotify.

Keep up the great work, I'm constantly impressed by the number of options and customizations BTT has!!

1 Like

hey just popping back in this thread - in 2.623 i am unable to hide the artwork or app icon, even with hiding those enabled.

ah sorry, that should now work again

1 Like

working perfectly now - thanks!

this is 'Now playing' bug? when I see YouTube in Safari, Now playing show it

for what kind of youtube video is this shown? Sounds more like a bug with some safari plugin maybe.

It happens in any video on the YouTube website.

I just use these safari plugin

"유니콘" is s adblock safari plugin

Weird, can you check what what Apple's now playing widget in the notification center shows at the same time?

1 Like

Mh then it's some Apple bug unfortunately. Maybe connected to the language encoding :frowning:

On an unrelated note, would it be possible to hide the Now Playing widget when the status is "Not Playing"? :slight_smile:

oh..:joy: It's apple bug...:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::kissing_heart::sob::sob:
Thank you :slight_smile:

I have one question. I am using a "GoldenChaos" preset, but my MacBook battery is consumed quickly. adjust the AppleScript run time to reduce battery consumption? How many seconds "Execute every x seconds" does the BTT default Widget?

Which version of the preset are you running? Only the newer experimental versions use the more power-efficient Now Playing widget. The widgets look almost identical style-wise so you may not be able to tell just by looking :stuck_out_tongue: