Add "Pin window" feature for clipboard manager

Could you please add a Pin Window feature for clipboard manager?

So I can keep the window always open and show at the top.

Thanks

+1 on this

Yeah this could actually be really useful. EDIT: and is already possible, doh!

I just realised this is already possible!

It already defaults to floating on top, but by default it also auto closes when you click outside of it. So just disable that:

All I would ask is for there to be a keyboard shortcut to toggle "Close clipboard manager on outside click/focus loss".

Personally I do want it to close 95% of the time. So for the 5% when I don't, it'd be nice if I could toggle that quickly with the keyboard, rather than needing to go in to the menu to turn close off, and then back in to turn it back on later.

Good idea, I'll add an action to toggle that behavior.

1 Like

Unfortunately the option "close CM after each action" does not work. At least not for me. The window always closes after pasting.

Thanks, Andreas!

Frank, oh yes you're right. Sorry, I didn't spot that before. The window stays open OK if you drag and drop text (which is what I usually do when I want the window to stay open, eg pasting multiple items from history into a form), but if you hit enter to paste, or click any of the paste buttons (eg "Standard"), then it still closes.

A bug I guess, given "close after all actions" is off?

Yes, this is a veeeery old bug :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah now I remember what that option is for :sweat_smile:
There are various actions, like "show in finder" or running shortcuts or opening files possible with the clipboard manager, for these I didn't want to close the clipboard manager back when I implemented it a few years ago.

I'll add a new option to not close after pasting as well :slight_smile:

//edit:
done!

1 Like