New BTT Remote - Plans?

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg,

I saw in a thread somewhere you mentioned that you’re working on a new version of the BTT remote that uses web technologies and could be browser based. Is there a place we can offer feedback about that or discuss what you might be planning?

I am tired of the Alfred remote and I’d love to move away from it. I’d love to be able to replace it with the BTT remote so I’ve got some ideas.

As always, thanks for a killer product.

custom iPad streamdeck!

I have already started working on the new BTT Remote. However it's not yet in a state to discuss, real development will probably start end of June.

You can already do things like a "custom iPad streamdeck" by putting a simple custom HTML file in

~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/BTTWebServer
and using the BTT webserver to trigger whatever action you like:

http://docs.bettertouchtool.net/docs/1104_webserver.html

However the new BTT Remote will simplify this a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i hope we'll keep all the features that current btt offers! The sound control is amazing

btw do you happen to know why volume down with iphone's volume button doesn't work ? Only volume up works

1 Like

Is there any update @Andreas_Hegenberg for the new BTT Remote?

Thank you for creating such awesome software!

I experience pretty much what "avi" describes here. Volume UP works perfectly. Volume DOWN is, well, erratic. Like this:
1- Any and every time I use volume up it always works perfectly.
2- Then when I press volume down, it works ONCE. Then it stops. No matter how many times I press volume down after this first time, nothing happens. I even tried holding volume down in the hopes that it would start bringing the volume down, but nothing, nada, dead in the water.
3- Then, I discovered that if I alternate, once volume up, twice volume down, rinse and repeat, I can eventually bring the volume down zig-zagging once up and twice down.

Very weird and frustrating. @Andreas_Hegenberg? Any hints, suggestions, solution, please? Your assistance in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

In case this helps:
iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W running Ventura 13.0 - iPhone 14 Pro (not Max) running iOS 16.1 (20B82) - BTT 3.914 under the Setapp license on the Mac - BTT Remote on iOS I am unable to tell which version is running. It does have a "Get License" message at the top left-hand side, even after connected to my iMac Pro, which I've read here that that should not happen, that when you connect to a Mac with a valid license it automatically reads the license off the Mac and turns into BTT Remote Pro, but the message simply will not go away. If I click on the message, it shows a screen with dialogue explaining about the license, with three options: 1- "Show license terms & info" which leads to a "dead" page: Apps 2- "Buy BTT License ($6.99)" which I am not doing since I am already paying for it via Setapp 3- "Try to restore previous purchase" which results in an error reading "There doesn't seem to be any previous purchases..."

Very frustrating. Please help.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Raphael