New BetterTouchTool UI Progress

I just implemented the right-click menu and it'll be available in the next build (including icon save) :wink:

I have worked on the action selector popover with the last build, it's possible that issue has already been fixed.

//edit can't upload new alpha today due to some macbook issues. Tomorrow.

Setting the background color of multiple normal buttons completley resets the triggers except for the name

These have the command modifier on them, if that helps

Are you aware that the multi-selection sidebar currently just shows default values that are not related to any of the selected triggers? It doesn't show their real values.

Yes, I'm seeing them being reset in the touchbar.

Actually, it occurs when i do any edit

It seems to be working fine here, but probably I have already fixed it in my local version as I have been working on that yesterday.

I'll upload it soon.

Disclaimer: I haven't caught up with all the feedback, so some/all of this may have already been reported. But... two major issues I encountered today:

• After editing a script in the sidebar and clicking on another widget to edit, the sidebar scroll position jumps downward by around 100px. This obviously makes editing widgets in succession super frustrating.
    • In general, scroll issues like that should be high priority fixes as they dramatically impact usability. The previous UI had a lot of these that never got fixed and that sucked.
  • After using undo a few times in the script editor, BTT will crash.

by 100px downward, do you mean it scrolls back to its initial position? (That would be expected as it can be a different widget with all kind of different properties - I added this on purpose because it was quite confusing to be stuck at the previous scroll position that didn't match the new widget anymore, the Apple apps with configure side-bars are also doing this)

I'll look into the undo, I think I'm currently not checking whether there is anything left to undo, maybe this crashes the apple script editor :slight_smile:

No, I mean it leaves its initial position and moves downward even though I have not initiated a scroll. This means it's jumping while I'm trying to click on a different widget, making it impossible for me to accurately click on anything.

Weird, could you create a quick screen recording of that?

Here you go! It happens specifically if you haven't saved changes before clicking away from the widget.

Ahh I think I see, it's not the side-bar jumping but the left trigger bar.
I'll fix that.

1 Like

Ah yes, sorry if that was unclear! I'm referring to the list of triggers on the left, yeah :slight_smile:

I have uploaded v2.818 which may fix it (currently being notarized, will be online in a few minutes), however I'm not sure whether that introduces some side effects (I'm now only reloading the selected cell which prevents the jumping, but I'm sure I was originally reloading the whole table view for some reason that I have now forgotten)

1 Like

Seems like it's fixed to me! Will report if it or any weird behavior happens again.

just remembered why that code was there :man_facepalming: :slight_smile:
However I think I found a better solution that actually works, now in 2.819

1 Like

Any updates on the missing notes? :sob: Drives me honestly crazy as I use a lot of triggers!

Also, am I just blind or is the BTT Menubar icon the only way now to check for updates?

Not sure about putting the new UI first right now, it still suseptible to breaking, especially when editing multiple elements

Settings doesn't have new icons btw!

Have been using it for quite a while now without big issues and the feedback seems to be great :slight_smile: (you know, 95% of BTT users have only 1-20 triggers set up and won't run into any of the more complex issues, thus if I don't make it the standard they will never be discovered)

@Caliguvara better notes will be available with the next alpha in 1-2 hours (including an per-trigger option to show the notes instead of the auto-description). Will also add the "check for updates" buttons to the main menu.

1 Like

I'll keep using it as my main and inform you of any issues. Hope you don't mind!

Not at all :slight_smile: Will fix everything sooner or later. (The general rollout of it as standard will happen sometime next week, I expect there will be lots of work todo then :-))
The old UI won't go away for at least a year.

1 Like