New BetterTouchTool UI Progress

Would be AMAZING if we could set the Text Color of disabled triggers. Also the ability to Highlight specific rows (triggers). Would make for a much faster development process/environment. Imagine highlighting all iTunes Triggers a specific color, while Spotify another...

BetterTouchTool is my new favorite application/tool. More powerful than most people even realize. THANK YOU ANDREAS!!!

1 Like

And yes, GREAT work on AquaTouch. I used it as a base for what is now pretty custom.

1 Like

Maybe 100% but in italics might work...?

Here's your options for hidden triggers so far @Andreas_Hegenberg:

• 70% ish opacity (refine when you test)
  • Customisable Colour for hidden triggers
  • Italic Text 100% opacity

I'll test a few things for the opacity options.

Next "big" update will be there tomorrow evening. Many little improvements. It will also bring global Touch Bar gestures, without the need for a BTT Touch Bar to be active :slight_smile:

Issue:

The New UI doesn't allow the touchbar to change to other apps if a bar is set to BTT
(open new UI [BTT set loads] > Switch to another app [BTT set stays and doesn't switch to that app's set...]

I hope you don't mind these quickies!

Modifier Icon Fix - Increased Contrast

@tschoepler Is this any better?
@Andreas_Hegenberg

Looks alright on dark mode, not sure on light mode. These don't switch currently.
Anyway that's all I can do for today's procrastination session :confused:

What a great tool. Unfortunately I couldn't hit AAA normal text without making it too dark for the UI

Also, you've messed up a bit on the left/right icons :stuck_out_tongue: make sure you double check that.
The column mode stick to icons both point to right!

BTT Contrastyy icons ?.zip (24.8 KB)

The widget is identified by its uuid, which you can get by right-clicking the widget in BetterTouchTool. Not yet working in New UI?

Not yet added! Will be available via the edit menu in the next release tomorrow.

//edit uploaded an intermediate build that includes the "copy uuid" menu item

I'd prefer being able to have all the right click tools in the current UI to be in the New UI as right click too.

"Save icons" would also be a good additon.

Keep in mind that when we're doing large edits of many triggers, we want to minimise mouse movement as much as possible!

also, would be great if the popout config was a floating window. Kinda annoying when it pops behind stuff. (I use it a lot when setting icons, again, to minimise mouse movement)
Oo, would be cool if we can drag icons to the cells in the trigger column!

Yup the right-click menus are already planned (although to minimize mouse movement I'd recommend using keyboard shortcuts ;-))

By the way: So far the feedback I received via e-mail and co has been really good, I'm currently fixing many small bugs and adding many little features. I plan to release it as default UI for Mojave users as soon as next week.
People seem to be able to use all the basic features of the new UI without further instructions, which is great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Andreas, must be said... the new UI is coming along great! Amazing work! It's been my default. Also must be said, Im new to the world of BetterTouchTool.

I have noticed a reoccurring bug in the new UI. Both in picking an Icon Image and choosing an action from the actions drop down menu. After choosing an icon, the popup is display remains and did not apply my icon the first try. The action menu, looks like two menus are over lapping (Although may have been fixed in this newest build), you can see two cursors in the search field.

I have to agree about the right click menu in the NEW UI. Going up to the menu bar is a somewhat detached operation from the item we are trying to get (UID etc.) info from.

Also SAVE Icon image from config panel is an important feature. Don't forget to add that...

I just implemented the right-click menu and it'll be available in the next build (including icon save) :wink:

I have worked on the action selector popover with the last build, it's possible that issue has already been fixed.

//edit can't upload new alpha today due to some macbook issues. Tomorrow.

Setting the background color of multiple normal buttons completley resets the triggers except for the name

These have the command modifier on them, if that helps

Are you aware that the multi-selection sidebar currently just shows default values that are not related to any of the selected triggers? It doesn't show their real values.

Yes, I'm seeing them being reset in the touchbar.

Actually, it occurs when i do any edit

It seems to be working fine here, but probably I have already fixed it in my local version as I have been working on that yesterday.

I'll upload it soon.

Disclaimer: I haven't caught up with all the feedback, so some/all of this may have already been reported. But... two major issues I encountered today:

• After editing a script in the sidebar and clicking on another widget to edit, the sidebar scroll position jumps downward by around 100px. This obviously makes editing widgets in succession super frustrating.
    • In general, scroll issues like that should be high priority fixes as they dramatically impact usability. The previous UI had a lot of these that never got fixed and that sucked.
  • After using undo a few times in the script editor, BTT will crash.

by 100px downward, do you mean it scrolls back to its initial position? (That would be expected as it can be a different widget with all kind of different properties - I added this on purpose because it was quite confusing to be stuck at the previous scroll position that didn't match the new widget anymore, the Apple apps with configure side-bars are also doing this)

I'll look into the undo, I think I'm currently not checking whether there is anything left to undo, maybe this crashes the apple script editor :slight_smile:

No, I mean it leaves its initial position and moves downward even though I have not initiated a scroll. This means it's jumping while I'm trying to click on a different widget, making it impossible for me to accurately click on anything.

Weird, could you create a quick screen recording of that?