Minimalist: A clean and intuitive touchbar preset (Catalina update)

In my preset, my long press is coded to launch the Spotify app.

Let me know if the above solves your problem. Your touchbar should look like this at default:

When a song is played on Spotify:

Love the app. Works really well. Only issue is volume/brightness swipes aren't working for me. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @William_Edmonds, glad you're enjoying it! This seems to be a recurring problem with some users, I suggest you delete them and re-add the gestures, it should work :slight_smile:

Hi! I love the preset thank you so much for making it. Pardon if that has been answered, I couldn't find it. Basically here's my problem:

Every time I quit Spotify or iTunes, the application automatically reopens. If I make the Spotify: Play/Pause: Script the problem goes away, so it must be having to do with that.

This is what it looks like FWIW:

if application "Spotify" is running then
tell application "Spotify"
if player state is playing then return "pause"
end tell
end if

if application "iTunes" is running then
tell application "iTunes"
end tell
end if

return "play"

Help! Thank you!!!!

Actually, maybe I've fixed it? I edited the script adding "try" and "end try" and it seems to be working!

if application "Spotify" is running then
tell application "Spotify"
try
end try
end tell
end if

if application "iTunes" is running then
tell application "iTunes"
try
end try
end tell
end if

return "play"

1 Like

Hey Daniel, so sorry for the late reply man!
Wasn't really keeping track with the notifications here for a while. Glad you found solution and that you're liking this preset. Thanks for the solution! I'll add it to the next update, cheers!

Thanks for this preset. Can you change this white long line, who shown while i tried to change brightness with three fingers?

More in this video https://streamable.com/76joo

Hi!

I came up with a double-tap solution:

https://community.folivora.ai/t/double-tap-scripting/9348

Let me know how it works for you,
J

Hey love the work man! This preset has been immensely useful.

I was wondering: is it possible to extend the "touch zone" for the "Now Playing" widget, so that it automatically fills the available space on the touchbar (i.e. past the song title + artist name)? I've found that it's kinda hard to develop muscle memory for that button since its "touch zone" is changing with the length of the song title + artist.

Best!

1 Like

Hi Piteriuz, I'm afraid I can't get rid the white line in the gesture system as it seems to be no setting to change it, perhaps @Andreas_Hegenberg can chime in with some help?

Hey Caleb! Glad you're finding this preset helpful too! I understand the "touch zone" issue because it apparently changes with the length of the song. There seem to be no setting to fix the length of the widget.

@Andreas_Hegenberg is there a way to fix the length of the widget?

Hi @movingimage, the double tap script is pretty cool. But you cannot integrate to a widget right? It seems to be only available as a separate button.

First off, great preset have been using if for a while now and could never go back.

1 small issue and 1 small suggestion.

Issue is, now playing on Spotify sometimes disappears when controlling external devices, ie listening through an amazon echo or spotify tv app and controlling it from my MacBook. Sometimes its flawless, other times it just goes away, a restart of BTT usually fixes it, or toggling listening of back to the MacBook then back to a external speaker.

My small suggestion would be with the battery remaining (percentage and time remaining) I don't need both most of the time as I like a clean look, would there be anyway to get it to cycle through them both? So say 3/4 seconds showing percentage then maybe a transition then 3/4 showing time remaining?

Anyway, 95% of the time I have no issues whatsoever so thank you for creating a great preset :slight_smile:

1 Like

What u are asking for is actually under the feature request section, as all the widgts are not made by preset owners but by @Andreas_Hegenberg. Also i dont think that the creator of this preset will update this, as it has been a while since he has posted on this preset

Hello , I have just updated to Catalina and now for some reason the STOP/PLAY button for Spotify has dissapeared but i still get the Track name coming through.. any way to resolve this or would this just be a bug fix?

Try changing the apple script of the button to:

if application "Music" is running then
tell application "Music"

end tell

end if

return "play"

Good luck.

Hi Gareth, I have not updated to Catalina, so I am not sure what the solution might be. You can try @Frewchen's suggestion to see if it works.

Cheers!

That works, however the pause icon does not show now but its not really a problem.. thanks!

Hi Gareth, try the version 2.5. It should fix the problem with Catalina update.

I updated to the newest version 2.5 and right now I am unable to change the time format in date and time widget. Saving the setting seem not to work when I am trying to change the display in any way (tried removing 'a' from format e.g.). I tried with old and new UI.

Does anyone also also have such issue?

Here the video with the issue presented on new UI: https://youtu.be/YeP0NFIQdVM

EDIT: I had to create a new Date element exactly like the original in the preset. Then I could adjust the parameters as wanted. Strange, but works.