messages in the touchbar. please help

hi,
i am using the latest version of btt and golden chaos presets on my macbook pro. with the latest update btt i no longer have notifications messages in the touchbar. i have not made any changes to any settings.
the last working version with notification in the touchbar( mail, calendar etc.) is the btt 3.670.
i hope someone can help me.
thank you.

it does not work even with the latest updates .

I'm also not receiving any notifications in the Touch Bar! I thought maybe it was because my laptop was on DND but even turning that off didn't solve the issue.

thanks for the answer. i thought i was the only one with this problem. i have tried many things but it does not work.
it seems that people here only concentrate on the notchbar.
maybe someone can still help.

What do you mean by notification / messages in the Touch Bar?
I think golden chaos announced a while ago he is working on a new version with a fix for the notification badges.

I think the functionality in BTT to retrieve the dock badge numbers still works fine:. Can you try running this in the macOS script editor and check the output?

tell application "BetterTouchTool"

get_dock_badge_for "Calendar" update_interval 5

end tell

just that if you were to have a notification for an app, it doesn't show up on the touch bar with a notification badge and app symbol.

thanks for the script, i'll check it out and lyk

make sure to update to the latest btt version, also make sure to allow btt in system preferences-> security & privacy -> privacy -> focus notifications

the latest btt version is installed. the privacy settings are also set correctly.
it does not work.

it definitely works with the latest version and the permissions, could you show the code you are using?

imessage and calendar are not displayed in the touchbar.
with imessage it looks like this for me.

The code is a bit strange.

What happens if you replace it with just

set badgeNumber to get_dock_badge_for "Messages" update_interval 5
   return badgeNumber
end tell

? Does your Dock show the badge?

no change. missing value is output.

And you dock is showing badges for Messages?

no. unfortunately not.

I mean your macOS dock, BTT can only show badges if they are displayed in the Dock

sorry. i misunderstood. yes, the badge is displayed correctly in the dock.

weird, then I’m currently out of ideas :slightly_frowning_face: (it’s working fine here)

i don't understand it either.
I have tried many things but nothing has helped. it is only imessage and the calendar.
everything else works fine.
thanks anyway for your patience.

why does this work with aquatouch?
then the problem lies more with gc or?

It looks like you didn't put a case in for when the badge is blank which is why you're getting "missing value." Try this:

set badgeNumber to get_dock_badge_for "Messages"
if badgeNumber is not missing value then tell application "BetterTouchTool"
if is_app_running "Messages" then
return badgeNumber
else
return ""
end if
end tell
end tell