Make "Specific App Did Activate" work without a full path

I use PHPStorm and its Toolbox app to download updates. Each time there is an update, it puts a new version of the application in ~/Library/Application Support/JetBrains/Toolbox/apps/PhpStorm/ch-0/[version number], Eventually it deletes the old version.

So as soon as a new version of PHPStorm installs, the path in a "Specific App Did Activate" trigger is no longer correct. It would be easier if this feature worked with the application's name or ID rather than its full path.

After I started writing this, I figured out how to do what I wanted with a Conditional Activation Group. But, wow, that's a lot harder to set up.

This is not exposed in the UI, but BTT only checks if the activated app path starts with the saved path.

If you copy the trigger you created in BTT to a text editor (cmd+c & cmd+v) you can edit the json and just remove the part of the path that changes:

Afterwards copy it again and paste it in BTT. I think this should work

I went to try your suggestion and discovered I can actually select just the containing folder using the regular UI. I don't have to manually edit the JSON at all. And the suggestion works as you figured it would. Thanks!