Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.
Describe the bug
- Add new config in "Keyboard Shortcuts"
- Set the trigger as "OPTION+P" with "Insert Text by Pasting"
- Using Chrome/Safari/Firefox/Brave to open a webpage with password field, e.g. github.com
- Click the "Password" field and press hold OPTION key then press P
- Observed only 1 character is input in the Password field
- Delete that character from the Password field, retry the key combination in step 4
- Observed proper value is populated in the Password field
- This problem was there for months and until today got a chance to submit the bug.
- Same problem when set the key combination to "Insert Text by Typing"
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Both Internal and wireless Apple keyboard
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)
- Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2016
- macOS version: 10.15.7
- BetterTouchTool version: 3.505(1643)
Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
- Browser: Chrome 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Safari 14.0.1 (15610.2.11.51.10, 15610)
Firefox 83.0 (64-bit)
Brave 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (x86_64)
- Workaround: use key combination 2 or more times