Infinite recursive keypresses until I disable BTT

Describe the bug

If "Repeat action while shortcut is pressed" is enabled, the keypress will recurse infinitely if two keys are pressed simultaneously. For example, I use the shortcuts Alt+Ctrl+j and Alt+Ctrl+l to replace the left and right arrow buttons. If I fat finger and press more than one key at once, the cursor scrolls infinitely, until I disable BTT.

I almost completely lose control of my computer when this happens, as all apps are now scrolling. I can't select any menu items or do anything other than restart my computer.

Disabling recursive triggers also disables key repeat, so that doesn't help.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.530

Did I mention that this bug results in completely losing control of your computer?

Hey,

could you send me an export of your preset to andreas@folivora.ai? I seem to be unable to reproduce this on my machines so far.

Happened to me too. Repro was as simple as setting up a pair of keyboard shortcuts that recursively call each other. Had to ponderously open activity monitor and kill BTT.

Not sure why recursive is enabled by default. Worse, disabling recursion on keyboard shortcuts does not get exported propoerty - resulting in a vulnerability with shared shortcuts.