I'm unable to use the "Add New Space to Mission Control" action

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

I'm unable to use the "Add New Space to Mission Control" action on Mojave (or really ever since I tested using it on High Sierra...)

I read on SO that since Sierra this functionality of adding new windows has been rewritten and it's not possible right now to add new spaces. Figured I'd ask here since it's an action in BTT.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Any trigger.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

I have a video displaying that BTT does invoke Mission Control but doesn't create a new space as intended:

https://sendvid.com/n41l772e

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MBAir
  • macOS version: Movaje 10.14
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.536

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I attempted to hack a way of getting a new space to come up, but it appears that I'm unable to invoke mouse clicks while Mission Control is active from BTT (or at least they're not going to Mission Control!) So this method didn't work as well.

I love being able to switch windows to different spaces, which works perfectly. My hope would be to generate new spaces and then be able to move windows over into those spaces efficiently

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

bump because this needs to be seen. Functionality in BTT should be removed or updated if not working. I understand I'm on a beta, but from what I found online I haven't been able to get keyboard shortcuts to create new spaces since... ever. p.s. voting on this myself in hopes this gets seen :grin:

This seems to work fine on all of my machines (High Sierra and Mojave DP5).
Basically it opens Mission Control and presses the little plus icon on the top right. Does it do nothing on your machine?

Maybe I need to make it a bit slower for cases where the CPU usage is high and slows things down

Hi,

I am seeing the same issue, but noticed that it works fine on the MacBook screen, but fails to add new space on any of my external monitors.

Cheers.