Illustrator CC Window Snap not an option

**Bug
Not sure if it's a bug but if it is, Illustrator does not have the ability to window snap.

**Affected input device
Mac

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac
  • macOS version: 10.13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.427

It's currently disabled in BTT because Illustrator has some serious bugs when "talking" to it through the necessary API.

Is this something we should bring to Adobe's attention?

I think they are already well aware (it doesn't only affect BTT) :slight_smile:
I haven't checked for a while if anything has changed in recent updates, I'll check that soon.

Any new on the Illustrator front? Works quite well with "Magnet" :wink:

It works in recent versions of Illustrator but still causes various very weird bugs and slowdowns on many systems as far as I know, that's why it's still disabled in BTT.

However I can now add an option to enable it, maybe it will work correctly on some systems.

Thanks for the update! Sorry for my late reply – it'd be more than awesome if you could add an option to enable it, I'd be excited to try it!

You can try this command (while BTT is quit):

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDontDisableWindowSnappingForProblematicApps YES
1 Like

Excellent, thank you so much! Works well for me!

Thanks, I'll give this a go for a bit. if i find any problems i'll let you know... I'm using Illustrator 2020 now.

cheers

OK so it seems like it is still buggy.
for some reason when this is enabled, there is a lag when clicking objects and letting go.

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDontDisableWindowSnappingForProblematicApps NO

Yeah these are the weird bugs described above. That's why it's disabled by default :slight_smile: Please report to Adobe if possible, it would be awesome if they could fix this...

Just curious if there has been any movement on this one. Photoshop and Bridge work. Illustrator is still default off.