Ignore Areas UI Does Not Work

Describe the bug
The "Ignore Areas" UI does not work – sliders do nothing and get reset everytime I leave the tab.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic Mouse

Screenshots
Here is a show of the "Ignore Areas" UI after I changed it using the old configuration UI. As you can see, the slider position does not correspond to the value.

Here is a video of me trying to drag the slider, clicking "Show Live Area" just to be safe, then switching setting sections and coming back to find it unchanged.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
  • macOS version: Mojava (10.14.3)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.206

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
You can update the "Ignore areas" settings in the old UI.

Came here & registered to report the exact same thing. Lifelong user of MagicPref's, but that now seemingly doesn't work well with Catalina (inertia scrolling no longer works), so I was hoping BTT would be the answer.

Willing to pay the money just to get the "ignore areas" working on my Magic Mouse. Please fix!

Exactly. The "ignora area" feature is the only reason I used to used MagicPrefs, and it is the only reason I would (gladly!) pay for Better Touch Tool. But until it works, BTT remains uninstalled on my Mac.

I use several CAD tools that respond with highly distracting zoom in/out when my fingers accidentally brush against the left/right edges of the magic mouse. I often update BTT in the hopes that this multi-years long bug will have been fixed, and I'm always disappointed.

PLEASE can this be fixed!!

Can someone please respond to this! I also need this feature back! please stop ignoring your customers!

The ignore areas only apply to BTT gestures, not to system gestures (this has always been the case, the bug that has been reported here that caused the sliders to reset was fixed a long time ago)

1 Like