Icons disappearing after resetting BTT.

Describe the bug
Icons disappearing after resetting BTT

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Touch Bar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
  • macOS version: 10.14 beta
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.550

Additional information
It seems to happen after restarting BTT. Random icons will disappear from widgets. So far it's happened with my external hard drive, PIA, WiFi and Bluetooth widgets. Sometimes it's just one icon, sometimes it's multiple.
I can add icons back into the widgets.

I mentioned this issue in a different thread - it happens to me, too. However, in my case it's always the same widgets.

BTT also seems to easily confuse icons and titles of widgets that started out as copies, maybe its related?

Possibly. Maybe I'll try remaking some of the widgets and see what happens.

Tried it. Seemed to work with first one (VPN toggle) so remade all of them. Didn't work. WiFi, VPN & Bluetooth icons disappeared after another BTT reset, but I have 2 VPN widgets (identical except one shows up with Option modifier). Only the icons with the Option modifer disappeared. The other one is fine this time.

Would be great if you could go to the about tab in the BetterTouchTool preferences and click the "Export Debug Information" button. This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your Desktop. Maybe I can see something in the logs if you send it to andreas@folivora.ai

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to reproduce this here.

@GoldenChaos I think you might be up to something with the duplicate thing. Seems like it can happen that two items get the same uuid, this would confuse BTT. I'll check whether that is the case.

1 Like

This should now be fixed in v2.551 alpha

Yay it's fixed! Can confirm.

There is still some noticeable flashing going on when opening groups, especially for the first time. Is it possible to run everything once on first launch and cache those results? Very very happy to see caching in any case, it makes performance a lot better.