I need help to trigger a warning when I open Photoshop while True Tone is enabled.

Hi,

I would like my TouchBar to show a warning (I have a flashing button ready for this), when I open Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere etc, while having True Tone enabled. Does anyone know how I could achieve this?
I have this script, that checks whether True Tone is enabled or not:

tell application "BetterTouchTool"
		set trueToneState to is_true_tone_enabled
end tell

But how can I change it to actually trigger the visibility of my warning button?

And while I am at it, once the warning has been triggered and my button is flashing on the touchbar, how can I dismiss it by tapping it? Is there an action that says "hide on tab" for example?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Hi,

What I would do is to put your button in a touch bar group.
therefore when close, you will not see it anymore.
to open your touchbar group you can use

trigger_action "{
  \"BTTPredefinedActionType\" : 205,
  \"BTTOpenGroupWithName\" : \"TOUCHBARGROUPNAME\",
}"
end tell

Cheers,

Olivier

1 Like

The current alpha versions also have a trigger "Specific App Did Launch" in the "Other / Named Triggers" section. You could assign a run apple script action which opens a Touch Bar group like @oliviermattelaer described.

tell application "BetterTouchTool"

if is_true_tone_enabled then
		trigger_action "{
  \"BTTPredefinedActionType\" : 205,
  \"BTTOpenGroupWithName\" : \"TrueToneGroup\",
}"
	end if

end tell

The touch bar group itself can be marked as invisible, so it can only be opened by the script:

2 Likes

thank you for the answer. that is a very nice feature, cant wait for it to be released :slight_smile:

much love to you and your family.

i will try that, thank you very much

The alpha is already fine to use, just try "Check for alpha version updates".

1 Like

it worked! wow i am just getting the hang of btt. love it.

quick question, my flashing button is made possible by an apple script which is set to execute every 0,5s. i also checked the "always run, when widget is visible" checkbox. does that mean that the script will only run, when it is visible or does the script run every 0,5second anyway all the time now?

thanks!