I like the „Advanced Conditions“!!!

The new „Advanced Conditions“ in BTT are great. The option I like best so far is to use the menubar as a „modifier“. So, „if mouse is above the menubar“. If you use an internal trackpad, you can keep your hands on the keyboard, simply swipe up with a thumb, execute an action (eg press a letter), and then swipe down again to continue typing normally. If you don't want to swipe back, create a macro: move mouse over menu bar, wait x s, (in this time a key can be pressed), move mouse back.

Both ist fast and work reliably without needing to look at the keyboard and without having to take the hands off the keyboard.This is productivity booster :smiley:

3 Likes

Where can I find advanced condition, this seems super cool! Also could you explain more about how you set this up with the menubar?

This is the setting for "Mouse over menu bar".

And this for the opposite.

For the rest look here
https://docs.folivora.ai/docs/1400_conditions.html

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply! I'm pretty new to btt so I appreciate the effort. I just had another question. Is there any way to make it so that when I hover over the menubar (with one finger down) I can just have that be like holding down command? I just feel like it would be a lot easier to do. I'm still trying to figure out implementations for this because it just seems like it would be so useful, I just haven't found out what I want to use it for yet.

Hm, I don't think so. What you can do is this. I assume you are using a trackpad:

Mouse on the menu bar

• 2 fingers swipe down = cmd down.
  • 2 fingers swipe up = cmd up.

Wait, there is a better way. Go to "Other Triggers" there "Move mouse to screen border" (or similar). This can hold CMD down. While "Move mouse away from screen border" releases the CMD key again.

This is sick! thank you I really appreciate it. It works for me and does exactly what I want it too. Thanks again for all of the help :D.

:+1: :smiley:

1 Like