Hyper key combination isn't registered when keys pressed immediately one after another

Are you triggering the keyboard maestro macro from a BTT trigger or directly via a keyboard shortcut? (I'd recommend to trigger it via BTT, then my solution posted above should work fine). Or maybe you can replicate your Macro within BTT?

@sstop I hope both of these are fixed in 3.547 which is currently building and should be online in about 10 minutes

1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg great! The arrow key problems seems to be fixed, but the stuck modifier keys bug is still going strong :sweat_smile: This time, somehow, I managed to get it permanently stuck and had to turn the keyboard off/on in order to undo this condition (I got it on video and can send it to you if you want). Can it be related to external/bluetooth keyboards somehow?

Very weird! Are you on macOS Big Sur (11.x)?

Yep, Big Sur 11.2.

Just verified that it is happening with the keyboard on the cable.

Also, somehow, I've managed to lock BTT in a state where, if it is open, the hyper key is perpetually stuck, even if I close and reopen BTT. I was thinking about reinstalling BTT and see if something improves, just wanted to check in with you first, @Andreas_Hegenberg in case you'd like me to run any tests/diagnostic in this bugged state.

I think reinstalling would not help (restarting BTT should bring it into the same state). I'll do some more testing here!

Do you know whether you need to triggger a shortcut to get the modifiers stuck or do they also get stuck if you just press caps lock?

Maybe downgrade to a previous version for now: https://folivora.ai/releases

OK, I'll try to downgrade and see. Right now (after reinstalling and updating to the latest alpha) the hyper keys combination is not stuck anymore, but all my older shortcuts are still working if I invoke them using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+CMD, even though BTT is not showing any keyboard shortcuts.

Did you maybe uncheck "visible in ui" for one of your presets ?

I have one more idea which is currently building and should be available as 3.549 in 10 minutes.

1 Like

Sadly, no... I even tried to delete the old preset to see if it was the cause.

OMG, sorry about these latest issues. I've updated Alfred in the meantime and it apparently reenabled a couple of old workflows I used to have. That's why the shortcuts were working even when nothing was set up in BTT.

I'll keep testing to see if the stuck keys are still a problem. Thanks @Andreas_Hegenberg!

I have done more testing and various stress tests but couldn't reproduce a stuck key issue in v3.549 (alpha). If this is still happening for you with that version, it would be great if you'd go to Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information and send the result to andreas@folivora.ai

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg, managed to export the diagnostic information on two different times the hyper key got stuck.

Here you go:

BetterTouchToolDebug 2.zip (81.4 KB) BetterTouchToolDebug.zip (73.2 KB)

Thanks for the support!

Tip for those wanting to use a Hyperkey with Keyboard Maestro

I just realized that Keyboard Maestro can trigger a macro when a keyboard combination is released rather than pressed.

When using Karabiner for the hyper key, this will prevent any action inside the Keyboard Maestro macro from bring triggered by the hyper key itself.

Here’s an example of how it looks in Keyboard Maestro:

1 Like

@tjluoma I don't understand why no one it praising your contribution here. This was the tip of the month for me!

Thanks a million for sharing! I was so close to revert to Karabiner... you saved the day :slight_smile:

Thanks man!

1 Like

I'm so glad that it worked well for you!