How to make better use of the space bar

@Andreas_Hegenberg Probably the most absurd question you've ever been asked :innocent: The space key is loooong. If you press it on the far left, you can see that it goes down less on the opposite side (far right).

Could BTT somehow be able to distinguish whether the space bar was pressed on the far left or far right?

Haha, yes that is one of the more absurd ones :rofl:

Unfortunately that is not possible.

Only the center "button" shown here is used for recognizing the press - the hardware doesn't collect any information about which side you pressed. (At least as far as I know). The left and right thingys are just for making it feel nice.

1 Like

Well, someone has to ask strange questions :slightly_smiling_face:

It was to be expected that it wouldn't work. :smiling_face_with_tear: but imagine the possibilities, if you could press it left, right or center and trigger different things. :thinking:

Maybe you should start getting into electronics to not only customize on a software level but on a hardware level :rofl:
Add some pressure sensors to the left and right, then use BTT's generic device feature to read them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe there is an easier way.

If I were to use something like this (split space bar), would BTT be able to recognize it? Please say yes :joy:

honestly I don't know how that would behave. :see_no_evil:

Of course. Just forget it. :grinning: But this space bar is getting on my nerves. It takes up a lot of space for what it can't actually do. An egotist who always wants to be the center of attention. :smirk: