Home/end PC style for certain app not working in cyrillic layout

I've added shortcuts for Home/end buttons for Slack application: ^A and ^E respectively
When I type anything in English layout, it works perfect
But when I change into cyrillic, it stops working

Also in BetterTouchTool settings ^A turns into ^Ф and ^E turns into ^У (cyrillic chars on the same keys)

Here is the video which i recorded: https://monosnap.com/file/05dK1dXPzRPL6UdzXfwXzWyvrAF0JT
first i'm showing the BetterTouchTool behavior (i change keyboard layout on 0:05) – how english chars turn into cyrillic in settings
and then, how it works in Slack

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 16"
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.389

Try to activate this:

You might need to re-record the shortcuts

I've tried to create both shortcuts from scratch and checked this option at the very beginning – result is the same, doesn't work in cyrrilic and changes A –> Ф in settings when i change layout

unfortunately then this can not be done with BTT :frowning:
This is the only way to adapt to other keyboard layouts, but it does not work on all cases

And why doesn't it save the current layout in settings? When saved, and I change the layout, the action char also auto-changes from Latin to Cyrillic

on macOS shortcuts are defined by the position of the key, not by what is printed on it. So BTT needs to save that position, which will have different meanings in different languages / layouts.

You could create separate BTT presets for different keyboard layouts and activate them when switching between the layouts.