Highlighted popup-menu items are unreadable in Mojave

Describe the bug
I have multiple BTT shortcuts set up with the same trigger (a custom 4-finger tap sequence) so that when I activate it a menu pops up to let me select one:

However, when I move the cursor over one of the options, the text becomes essentially invisible:

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

MacBook Pro trackpad

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2013 retina MacBook Pro 15.4″
  • macOS version: 10.4.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.660 (968)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I just updated to Mojave and this started happening. In High Sierra the pop-up menu showed a darker background to highlight the selection.

Weird, what is your highlight color in System Preferences => General?

Weird, what is your highlight color in System Preferences => General?

Graphite. However that appears to only affect text selection. It is the “Accent color” (in the same pref pane) which controls menu item highlighting, and that is also set to “Graphite”.

Here’s what a normal system-provided popup menu looks like (right clicking on a Finder window):

Ah ok, for some reason graphite leads to this issue.
Unfortunately Apple has removed the ability to access the menu selection color in macOS Mojave (I really don't understand why), thus BTT currently uses some approximation (not a very good one).

It should be readable now using the latest alpha!