high memory usage

I have been having issues with my Apple Magic wireless keyboard and for a while my Magic trackpad. Lately, knock on wood my trackpad has not given me issues, But my keyboard. There are many times I am trying to work and when I type, there is either a very severe lag in key response or my Mac does not recognize me typing at all. The lag can last a few seconds to a minute or so.

I have a 2018 15" MacBook Pro and for a while I had been thinking its something HW issue wise with either my keyboard, or more likely my Mac since I had issues with both the Magic Keyboard and trackpad.

But today, I was editing how much memory my VM uses on my Mac and when I looked at the Activity monitor to see how much memory my VM was using, I saw BTT was using 1.65GB of memory. I quit BTT and re-opened it and now its below and staying below 100mb of memory.

I use Aquatouch v3.5.6 I have made some customizations to it that could possibly be the cause, next time my keyboard acts up, if I quit BTT and that fixes it, I will use it again and next time my keyboard acts up, I will disable Aquatouch to try to determine which is the cause, If its Aquatouch, I will backup the customizations I did, reset Aquatouch and see if I can determine what the cause is.

Anyone else see BTT memory usages get out of hand like I saw today?

There is some sort of a memory leak with BTT. The next time my keyboard lags, I will exit out of BTT to see if my keyboard response is fixed by this or if I still have keyboard issues. I have been using BTT for a while and love it.

I was using 3.364 and just updated to 3.365 and will see if I still have the issue. But wanted to post this and will update if I still have the issue.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard input with Apple BT keyboard and sometimes Magic Trackpad

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2018 15" MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.364 ( Just updated to 3.365)