Help!: Notch Bar malfunction.

As soon as I tried to add my first action in the Notch Bar feature, BTT started quitting and closing. Each time it re-opens the menu bar disappears and then reappears when it BTT closes. I can't stop it. BTT is automatically opening and closing on its own, and it won't stop.

My setup: iMac, macOS 12.01.

Another question: I have a clone back up my system. Is there a BTT related file that I can restore from the clone backup before I created the Notch Bar acton?

Please advise.
Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac 27"
  • macOS version: 12.01
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") BTT won't stay open long enough, so I can't see the version. It should be the latest.

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Hi @bakari45,

I have the exact same issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks for your help!

Hi, sorry I'm just seeing this. I don't think I had notifications on. Hopefully you've resolved it by now. I emailed the developer and he sent me a Terminal command that was supposed stop the problem, but that didn't work for me. So I ended up reverting to a previous snapshot of my system using Carbon Copy Cloner. I had to go two days back, and that caused a few problems, but at least I stopped BTT from what it was doing. Since I haven't bothered with the menu feature.

These issues are fixed in the latest version, so if anybody still encounters it, download a fresh copy via folivora.ai - Great Tools for your Mac!

1 Like