GoldenChaos-BTT 3.200 Stable is here!
It brings massive improvements and a ton of new features to GC-BTT. And this stable version of GC-BTT has been thoroughly tested by the community over the last year, making this a Touch Bar you can truly depend on.
From this point forward, my plan is to make stable releases more frequent. Most of the time on this release was spent eliminating dependencies, working on the settings window, and ensuring that upgrades work reliably. These were major behind-the-scenes endeavors that provide the foundation to expand GC-BTT's capabilities much further while also making it much easier for me to manage adding and maintaining all these new features.
As you can imagine, a decent portion of these features are thanks to @Andreas_Hegenberg, who's help and continued development on BTT made many of these features and updates possible. BetterTouchTool 3.200, on its own, is a huge update that adds auto-updating presets for the whole community, not just for GC-BTT. And the new native calendar and reminders widgets have finally allowed us to ditch icalBuddy. F's in the chat y'all.
Another huge thanks to everyone who spent the last year testing and reporting issues with the experimental versions to make this the most stable GC-BTT release to date.
Finally, since this is a stable release, I'll be going over everything that's been added since the previous stable version. The first post's instructions and screenshots will be updated shortly as well. Here we go!
GoldenChaos-BTT 3.200 (Stable) Changelog
- Full compatibility with macOS Catalina
- No longer requires icalBuddy (or any other helper app!)
- Significant performance and energy efficiency improvements over the previous stable version
- Most duplicate widgets have been eliminated
- All features were refactored to use BTT's conditional activation groups feature instead of running power-hungry AppleScripts
- The refresh rate of all remaining AppleScripts has been fine-tuned for the best performance-to-power ratio
- GC-BTT, on average, now uses about as much energy as a normal app like Safari
[Imports/Upgrades] One-click upgrades straight from the sharing site
- BetterTouchTool will now offer to replace your existing version of GC-BTT
- BetterTouchTool will alert you if your version of BTT is too low for the GC-BTT you are trying to install
- GC-BTT now has a suite of initialization and upgrade scripts that work with BTT's import process to seamlessly check and migrate your settings between versions
[Window Snapping] Added floating window snapping grid with multi-monitor support
- Press ⌘⇧W to show the grid
[Settings] New GC-BTT Settings window
- Completely new windowed UI for managing and customizing GC-BTT
- Settings button is now a part of the default layout
[Modifier Menus] You can now enable/disable modifier menus individually
[Modifier Menus] Control Strip moved to control menu
[Modifier Menus] Window Snapping moved to option menu
[Modifier Menus] Option and command menus are now full-width
[Modifier Menus] Command menu now shows the Dock
[Control Strip] True Tone toggle key now changes color when activated
[Control Strip] New icon for Dark Mode consistent with iOS 13
[Escape Keys] Resized the normal escape key to match the macOS system escape key
[Escape Keys] Eliminated overlapping buttons when using the normal escape key
[Home Strip] Settings to make Finder/AirDrop keys just icons
[Home Strip] Changed "Center Window" button to "Maximize Window"
[Now Playing] Album artwork is now full-height
[Calendar] Native Calendar widgets that no longer require icalBuddy to work
[Calendar] New Calendar modal design
- Swap between today and month view
- Calendar items are now color-coded based on their set color in Calendar.app
- Tap an item to open in your preferred calendar app, set in the GC-BTT settings window
[Reminders] Native Reminders widgets that no longer require icalBuddy to work
[Reminders] New Reminders modal design
- Swap between today and month view
- Reminders are color-coded based on their list
- Tap an item to open in Reminders.app
[Things] Added Things Home Strip widget and modal
- Long-press to access your next ten reminders
[Dock] Added Dock widget group
- Replaces the old App Switcher widget group
[Clipboard History] Added Clipboard History widget group
- Scrolls infinitely through your clipboard history
- Tap on an item to copy it to your clipboard
[System Information] Added System Information modal
- Long-press Battery widget widget to view
- Battery percentage
- Charge time remaining
- CPU usage
- Available RAM
- Network usage
- Upload speed
- Download speed
- Show Activity Monitor
- Open System Information.app
[Menu Bar] New menu bar widgets for:
- Optional percentage display
- Long-press to access System Information modal
- Connect to Bose
- Long-press to access Connectivity Actions modal
- Show Paste
- Day One
- Show Floating Window Snapping Grid
[Dock Badges] Dock badges now automatically hide when Do Not Disturb is enabled
[Dock Badges] Dock badges are now powered by BetterTouchTool’s built-in dock support and are far more energy efficient
[Dock Badges] New dock badges for:
- Apple Calendar
Touch Bar Screenshots
New menu bar widgets like Battery and Clipboard History, and design improvements like full-height album artwork.
Native calendar and reminders widget eliminate the need for icalBuddy.
New System Information modal shows you information about your system.
Modifier menus are now full-width, can be individually disabled, and support the normal escape key.
BetterTouchTool will now offer to replace your existing version of GC-BTT, while a new set of upgrade scripts seamlessly migrates your previous settings automatically.
Settings Window Screenshots
Floating Window Snapping Grid
A huge thanks to @yuuiko for doing most of the code for the window snapping grid!
Download link not working? Try the GitHub mirror.