New experimental version! This one is a big boi update, with several long-awaited features and fixes for the settings window and dock.
If the updates in this version are successful, we've finally crossed the biggest hurdle preventing me from calling this release stable, and there are only small items left on my list after that.
GoldenChaos-BTT 2.814 (Experimental) Changelog
[Settings Window] The settings window should now work properly even if you've never used GC-BTT before.
- If you are encounter any red boxes in the settings window in this update, please post in the support thread and let me know.
- If this works, this completes the first version of the settings window!
[Dock Badges] Dock badges now get their value from a built-in BTT variable that uses MUCH less energy
- Because of this energy improvement, all dock badge scripts are now enabled by default and can display their numbers even if the corresponding app isn't running.
- If a badge for an app that is not running is present, tapping it will launch the app.
- You can still disable individual dock badges in the settings window.
- This may not be necessary, but I'm curious what energy gains there are to be had by turning some off. I haven't tested this myself, so please give it a shot and let me know if it matters. If it doesn't, I'll just leave them all on all the time and remove the settings panel for dock badges entirely.
[Do Not Disturb Detection] GC-BTT now uses the new built-in BTT Do Not Disturb variable to detect this setting instead of manually checking the system.
- It's faster and more reliable than the previous detection method.
- [Microphone Mute] Added GoToMeeting detection to the Microphone Mute key.
[Open GC-BTT Settings Window Key] Fixed the settings gear being rendered black for some reason.
- It's got a fresh new gear icon, too!
- [BTT Issue] The menu bar will briefly blink when modifier menus are invoked. (@Andreas_Hegenberg - any updates on fixing this?)
- [BTT Issue] The Play/Pause button may not update properly inside the Now Playing Actions group.