New experimental version!
I'm happy to report that the new settings window is, at last, fully functional! All segmented controls now update in real time to reflect their preferences. From here, there's just a lot of design and optimization work to be done for it to meet my standards for a stable release.
This version also fixes a bug with the AirPods widget where it wouldn't open the Bluetooth menu unless the Volume menu was also enabled.
GoldenChaos-BTT 2.720 (Experimental) Changelog
[Settings Window] Segmented controls are now fully functional
- This means that every switch in the settings menu is now fully functional! Hooooooly crap yes!
- [Settings Window] Added many more icons to switches
- [Settings Window] Enabled caching for the settings window
- [Settings] Performance and optimization improvements when reapplying all settings
- [Settings] Removed and deprecated "GC-BTT System Alerts" widget group
- [Default Settings] Made Apple Calendar the default calendar app instead of Fantastical
- [Dock Badges] Added Maps dock badge (great for handoff!)
- [Dock Badges] Added Superhuman dock badge
- [Connect to AirPods] Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth menu would not open if the Volume menu was missing
- [Connect to Beats] Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth menu would not open if the Volume menu was missing
[Icons] New AirPods, Browser Tabs, and Emoji icons
- I'm (finally) going through the current icon set and pixel-fitting them to the touch bar. A small start to something long overdue. Some graphics were updated previously, but soon every icon will be in the same 44x44 square instead of a variety of sizes, allowing you to reuse them more easily with the BTT default settings.
Notes for Testers
Please test all the settings in the settings menu and let me know if any don't work as expected.
You can see the new AirPods icon there. The emoji and browser tabs icons are also new, but more refinements than anything noticeable.
Shots of the default settings: