New version! Is this version the "Snow Leopard" of GC-BTT? In seriousness, I think I've got performance to an acceptable level. I'm now seeing some of the lowest energy usage from the preset in a long time on my system. Things also just feel much, much snappier as a result.
EDIT: After a few hours monitoring BTT, I'm really happy with the performance of this version. Honestly, if I wasn't the one who made the changes, I would've guessed that I increased the refresh rate of the scripts because of the sheer performance boost.
Please report on how performance of this version is on your machine so I can make final adjustments! Thanks everyone
GoldenChaos-BTT 2.563-5 changelog:
- Added Franz support to the dock
- Added Cisco Jabber support to microphone mute button detection
- Reverted Refresh/New Tab combo button behavior to sidestep UX and performance issues
- Home screen Reminders and Calendar widgets now run every 60 seconds to save on performance
- Minor padding adjustments to Finder, AirDrop, Reminders, Calendar, and Things widgets
- Dock widgets now run every 5 seconds to save on performance
- Default dock widget set reduced to only system apps
- Dock widgets for 3rd party apps must now be enabled manually
- Enable badges for as few apps as possible to get the best performance
- Some lighter-colored dock widgets like FaceTime might have black text instead of white. If so, then that's an import bug @Andreas_Hegenberg