Gmail Buggy Behavior - trackpad triggers?

I've used BTT for years, but lately it has been problematic. Only when in laptop mode (versus desktop mode when I use external keyboard and monitor), I have an issue using Gmail. When I'm typing a new email, it suddenly goes haywire where the cursor suddenly jumps elsewhere and usually the draft email I am working on gets sent in the middle of a sentence (fortunately I can usually click undo before it's too late). This makes gmail unusable. I've isolated to BTT because if I disable BTT I don't get this issue.

More specifically, I think I've isolated to 2 trackpad triggers I've created somewhat recently:

• 3 finger tap --> right click (so open secondary menu)
  • 2 finger tap --> cmd + click (so open link in new tab)

Interestingly, if I disable the trackpad when an external mouse is connected (which I usually use), the issue still happens. So I don't think it's matter of me by mistake touching the touchpad.

I had an old version of BTT (2.xxxx), so I've updated to the newest version (3.785), but unfortunately that didn't fix it.

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2019
  • macOS version: Monterey 12.3.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.785 (1928), Standard License renewed May 27, 2022
  • Browser: Chrome 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Thank you.

Could be a broken trackpad that produces phantom touches. Could you open the "Live View" via the BTT menubar, View => Live View?

Does this show any touches even if you are not touching your trackpad?

Using the Live View, it appears it does pick up some touching of the trackpad while I'm typing. Given how large the trackpad is with the new Macbook Pros, it seems there is no way to avoid this while typing.

I'm still not sure this is causing it though because rather than just moving the cursor, it usually sends the email, which is odd behavior.

I do like the gestures/triggers I setup and was hoping to keep them.

Further thoughts?

Frustrated this behavior is still happening. I still can't use BTT when using Gmail on my laptop (I have to disable it). Again, the cursor often randomly moves when typing in Gmail, sometimes even sending an email, which makes it unusable. It goes away if I disable BTT.

Chrome Version 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (x86_64)
BTT 3.785 (paid license)

Anyone else experiencing this? Any other ideas?