I've used BTT for years, but lately it has been problematic. Only when in laptop mode (versus desktop mode when I use external keyboard and monitor), I have an issue using Gmail. When I'm typing a new email, it suddenly goes haywire where the cursor suddenly jumps elsewhere and usually the draft email I am working on gets sent in the middle of a sentence (fortunately I can usually click undo before it's too late). This makes gmail unusable. I've isolated to BTT because if I disable BTT I don't get this issue.
More specifically, I think I've isolated to 2 trackpad triggers I've created somewhat recently:
- 3 finger tap --> right click (so open secondary menu)
- 2 finger tap --> cmd + click (so open link in new tab)
Interestingly, if I disable the trackpad when an external mouse is connected (which I usually use), the issue still happens. So I don't think it's matter of me by mistake touching the touchpad.
I had an old version of BTT (2.xxxx), so I've updated to the newest version (3.785), but unfortunately that didn't fix it.
- Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2019
- macOS version: Monterey 12.3.1
- BetterTouchTool version: 3.785 (1928), Standard License renewed May 27, 2022
- Browser: Chrome 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (x86_64)