Full Kernel Panic with V3.167 and 10.14.6

Describe the bug
I was getting a full and immediate black-screen kernel panic on startup. Testing my startup items one by one I found that BTT is the culprit. There is APFS kext in both crash report examples I attach below. I don't get this crash on my Macbook Pro, same BTT and macOS versions...

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Device information:

• Type of Mac: iMac16,2
  • macOS version: 10.14.6 (18G84)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.167

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
BTT Crash.txt.zip (4.5 KB)

Have you updated little snitch to the latest version? The previous one could cause kernel panics.

BTT doesn't cause kernel panics unless some faulty hardware or drivers are installed - it runs as a normal application without kernel extensions. (The log just shows that BTT was active at that moment, but that's most likely just bad timing due to its loading position)

Thanks Andreas, I did need to update Little Snitch, and I also reinstalled the 10.14.6 from the Combo updater, restarted in Safe mode etc. One of those things fixed whatever was causing the Panic.

:beer:

1 Like