Freezing & re-launching (on 10.12.6)

Describe the bug
Periodic hanging and "re-launching" (crashing) of BTT (app disappears from menu bar & then reappears after a few seconds). BTT is not usable during this period.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
all

Screenshots
see attached GIF

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
  • macOS version: 10.12.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.728

My MBP's CPU/GPU is a little weird (see below) but no other apps seem to have any issues.

My Discrete GPU is disabled because it causes my screen to go black. I only use my integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 CPU and I have to boot my MBP using this guide on Stack Exchange, by following steps 1-8 of Part 1 (no messing with system kexts).

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I've attached (below) a sample of the BTT process, some old crash reports, and a GIF of BTT crashing after putting MBP to sleep. I will send exported debug info to you directly in a PM, Andreas.

Better Snap Tool has also been freezing periodically. I sometimes have to click the icon in the menubar for it to un-freeze.

btt freezing.zip (3.4 MB)

I'll try reinstalling a fresh version of BTT and then rebooting laptop.

First I'm going to backup and delete all the files shown in attached screenshot.

Just when I think I couldn't possibly be any dumber....

So, yeah, it turns out I only had like 10gb of hard drive space left.

Deleted some stuff & everything is running smoothly again.

¯\ _(ツ) _ /¯

1 Like