Four finger taps almost never being recognised

Describe the bug
4 finger taps don't get recognised, very often. About 1 out of maybe 15 times it gets recognised.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Macbook Pro trackpad, also with external Trackpad.

Screenshots
As you can see in the video, the 5 finger tap always gets recognised, but the 4 finger tap doesn't...:

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 11,5
  • macOS version: 10.13.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.512

possibly try to disable thumb recognition in the advanced trackpad settings ( if you are doing the 4 finger taps with the thumb)

It seems to work fine here but I'll check if I can find any issue.

possibly try to disable thumb recognition in the advanced trackpad settings ( if you are doing the 4 finger taps with the thumb)

i'm not using my thumb, I tried disabling it anyway (and restarted BTT) but the problem remains.

Also updated to version 2.513 btw.

I'll try tomorrow to delete all BTT settings, and see if a "clean BTT install" fixes it.

I think I may have found a potential issue.
In some situations BTT currently seems to wait for a four finger double-tap to happen although none is configured.

Could you try to lower the "doubletap delay" value here and see whether that helps?

Yea, that definitely helps a lot...!

PS. what was the default value? so i can reset it without resetting the entire BTT settings...

This should be fixed in the new alpha. The default value is 0.5

Great, thanks for the quick fix! :slight_smile: