Extra mouse button mappings stop working

Describe the bug
I have two mouse buttons ("Normal Mice"> "Global") assigned to 3F Swipe Right/Left, and they appear to randomly stop working. When they stop working, I go into the BTT Settings to test one of them by clicking in the Button assignment area toward the bottom of the pane, and this seems to fix things.
Another strange quirk- seemingly related- when a button stops working, my right click will then trigger the "back" action unexpectedly, which has tripped me up a few times when I went "back" in the browser without wanting to.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
External mouse - Logitech MX518

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro Mid 2015
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.717 (1027)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.