External monitor BTT 2.428 crashed 100 times a day - Should I upgrade?

Describe the bug

My question is - If I upgrade and buy a new license will my problem be solved or is it still broken in the next version?? - Please respond to this question

I plug in an external monitor to my mac book pro and use the magic track pad. About 100 times a day BTT will crash. sometimes reopening itself 10 seconds later, and sometimes I have to reopen it. I have the version 2.428. I would upgrade again but if it's still broken I don't want to. Is there any solutions to my problem or other software that does the job better?

It crashes when I snap the window.

My question is - If I upgrade and buy a new license will my problem be solved or is it still broken in the next version?? - Please respond to this question

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Only happens when using external monitor with macbook pro.

Screenshots
no screenshots it just crashes.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac book pro retina 15 inch mid 2014 2.2 ghz intel i7 16gb ram, intel iris pro 1536 MB
  • macOS version: el Capitan 10.11.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.428

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

in general 2.428 should work fine, I have not heard of any specific crash issues. If you can find it would be great if you could send any crashlogs to andreas@folivora.ai

You can try the trial of the current BTT version to see whether it works better for you (https://folivora.ai/downloads). Downgrading is always possible (https://folivora.ai/releases)

However I would strongly recommend to also upgrade your macOS version. 10.11.x is super insecure.