Distinction between left and right modifiers don't seem to work

Describe the bug
I have a short cut to activate a shell script (moving windows across displays) which is tied to a shortcut :

The Differentiate Left/Right modifier keys is selected, and I have selected the right modifiers:

However, the action is still executed when I press the left modifiers.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Screenshots
I've put them in the text

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
  • macOS version: BigSur 11.2.1 (20D74)
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    3.557 (1697)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
The selected keyboard shortcut interferes with my default "screenshot" keyboard shortcuts, but the issue happens even if these are disabled.

Thanks!

Did maybe some app on your machine activate "Secure Input" mode and not disable it? (if so you will see a warning about this when clicking the BTT menubar icon)

1 Like

Dammit - yes! It's always Secure Input, isn't it :laughing:

So when SI is active, the shortcut works - but not the distinction between left and right modifiers?

Unfortunately yes, I'm currently experimenting with a hacky way that might also allow for it when secure input is active - maybe this will be possible with one of the next updates.

When will this be updated?

Even if I restart and make sure that nothing is running, this does not work. Is there a fix in sight, as having access to just the left or right keys could be extremely useful?

Thanks

no, currently this only works if secure input is not active. Also make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled the „old keyboard shortcut implementation“ in the advanced keyboard settings