Custom MenuBar Icon (Blank Icon)

Hi, love the new update :slight_smile:

Describe the bug
I've tested out the new Custom MenuBar Icon control. Works Amazing - but the icon it puts there is just blank. clickable, but totally blank.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
N/A

Screenshots
Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 23.29.18

Edit: If you look between the Airplay and Volume button you'll see a blank space.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac Mini Late 2014
  • macOS version: 10.15.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: version 3.336 (1544)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Judging by all the other bugs I'm seeing with this latest update - this is not very important - you can whack it to the back somewhere and get to it when you get a chance.

Congrats on your first baby buddy :slight_smile:

I've created several MenuBar icons without any troubles using BTT 3.333. Can you successfully set the icon when you create the MenuBar Action Configuration?

It also seems to work fine here. What kind of icon did you set?

Also what other issues are you seeing? So far the latest update seems to be pretty stable. (A update with some small fixes will come this weekend)

Okay so I found the problem.

I was using the OLD Config UI and it doesn't provide the option of selecting an icon.

Using the new UI gave me the option lol Thanks :slight_smile:

Ah yes - general rule: new features are only added to the new one. The old UI is not being touched anymore :wink:

1 Like

now that I've uninstalled/deleted extraneous BTT files and reinstalled via Setapp, I can't pick a custom menubar icon (the picker doesn't pop up). Non-setapp version works fine. Anything I can check?

Weird, that could be a bug. I'll look into it.