Crash on direct import - No joy doing manual import either

Describe the bug
If I go to a preset and select the button to directly import it into BTT, the app crashes. If I manually import the preset, nothing appears in BTT.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
N/A

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2016 w/TB
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: SetApp Version 2.536

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
BetterTouchTool Setapp_2018-08-28-063052_Jonathans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (80.6 KB)
BetterTouchToolDebug.zip (56.5 KB)

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

You need to use an old version of the preset when running 2.536, the 2.600 version only works with BTT versions >= 2.600.
On Setapp that version will be available later today.

1 Like

Ah. That explains it. Thanks!

@Andreas_Hegenberg Would it be possible to show a warning (or error message) when importing a preset created with a different version of BTT? Given the lack of backwards compatibility on point releases for presets, this seems like it could greatly improve the existing UX.

1 Like

The update to 2.6 did the trick!

It will already do that if people enter a "required version" after uploading on share.folivora.ai

I think it would be better to have some additional error checking / messages rather than a crash. For me, importing those files directly to 2.5 resulted in an uncaught exception.

Yup that's some exception I didn't anticipate back then. Won't crash in upcoming versions anymore.

1 Like

Cool! I have to say, this is an incredibly powerful tool! I haven't even started to comprehend all that it can do. Very great stuff!