Configuration vanished after upgrading

Describe the bug
I was on an old version of BTT, because my license expired, with old configuration UI. Now I purchased a new license, it activated. I clicked check for updates, it found an update and updated. After that, all my configurations has been reset, both in new and old UI.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
I had configs in different sections.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15' 2017
  • macOS version: 10.14.4 (18E226)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.04 (1163). Not sure about the version I had before upgrade.

Hey,

maybe you "in-between" used a newer version already, thus BTT didn't know which data files to use when you upgraded.
In the new UI's menubar you can click "Help => Restore Settings from Backup". Just select the backup from the version you previously used and you should be back to normal!

Hey! "Help => Restore Settings from Backup" worked, thank you! It was showing backups for only June 3 and June 4, hopefully June 3 was that one exactly before the update. (Also not sure why June 4, it is still June 3 here in local time). Anyway, it's great that it was possible to get the configuration back!

About "in-between". It still more seems like a bug. I didn't download the new version on purpose. Only used that one which I had installed before the license expired. Maybe my latest version itself was "in-between" and created new config. Then it makes sense, I guess :thinking:

Should I close this bug?

1 Like

Let's leave it open, as I'll investigate a bit further what can cause this. I marked your post as solution for now.