Conditional Activation Groups - Adding instead of replacing

@Andreas_Hegenberg
I think there's a bug regarding the Conditional Activation Groups, as they add to the open group rather than replace what's in it and fill it with it's own buttons.

This bug turned out to be very helpful for me though, I can simply place anything I want to show anywhere within a 'Show In All' activation group set to always activate, saving me from inserting say, the escape key 50 times (the preset uses custom escape keys)

I like this ' add to current open touchbar' bug, so:

Fix the conditional activation groups and add either:

• A dropdown on the conditional activation group that sets it to add or replace (preferred) or:
  • A new tab like global except it adds to anything that's open.

I might use this bug to add some notifications that will work throughout the preset but only has one copy within!

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): Touchbar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.605

This is actually by design, but I'll check if I can implement your suggestion!

1 Like

Cool! I can't wait to make some persistent widgets (without copying them into every single app AND group) for my preset!

Do note:
While I use it this way, there are things that could be improved.

• Should be adjustable weather to add to the left or right of existing “stick to Right/Left” buttons both independantly and respectivley.
    e.g. for every button in an additive conditionalAG, options include:
    Stick to right, add before existing stick to right
    Stick to right, add after existing stick to right toggles
    Stick to Left, add before existing stick to lefts
    Stick to Left, add after existing stick to lefts
    Scrollable Middle, Before
    Scrollable Middle, after
  • The buttons aren't inserted into groups (in the other app').
  • Conditional Activation Groups may not activate within an open touchbar group, but i’ll need to verify this.

Right now I need to disable the 'show in all' group for any app that has stick to rights, and also copy what I want to persist into every group that exists within my preset (a lot).

Thanks for your consideration!

Been a while, but that "Add / Replace" option would still be quite useful @Andreas_Hegenberg