Conditional Activation Group does not update reliably

Describe the bug

I am trying to teach BTT GMail key bindings for Apple Mail. Following a thread in this forum, I use a conditional activation group to detect if focus is on the Apple Mail main window (as opposed to message windows). While this works in principle, I have noticed that apparently window focus changes sometimes take long to be detected by BTT.

Test scenario: BTT with conditional activation group config window and rules for Apple Mail open. Apple Mail main window. Apple Mail new message window. Observe green vs. white text in BTT window.

Switching between mail main and message window updates BTT green/white between instantly and a couple of minutes (ie I switch window and it takes minutes until the status changes in BTT). I have not seen any pattern, I also cannot reproduce 100% but it happens reliably very often.

That obviously does not help with scripting key bindings as I cannot reliably attach the key bindings to the Mail main window only.

It does work reliably if I switch from Mail main window to another application (e.g. Terminal) and then to Mail new mail window (and vice versa).

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
  • macOS version: Mojave 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.335

I have this same exact issue and use case. BTT (or mac OS?) does not detect the criteria needed to enable a Conditional Activation Group in a reliable nor timely manner.

A fix to this would unlock a whole swath of BTT functionality for me.

Thanks for considering this bug.