Colorful Playback Widget

just restarted Spotify and the grey box is back. it is what is supposed to be the now playing widget, because its pausing and playing

Dang, can't imagine why that might be happening. Maybe you could send me a screenshot of it? You can screenshot the Touch Bar with cmd shift 6.

Luckily, I've been working on it throughout the day today and I'm working on a version that's much faster, and easier to implement. This one will hopefully run only when the song is changed, rather than running every second, and won't require any work other than downloading the preset. I'll tag you in a reply if I get a better version working smoothly. I think will be by tmrw evening. (about 22 hrs from now in my time zone)

1 Like

my touchbar

I guess ill wait till then! :slight_smile:

It's turning out to be a lot harder than I expected, and will likely take some time.

2 Likes

Hey mate, just finished it up. I published a new thread and the new version is a whole lot better. It did take a while but I wanted to get everything perfect. Cheers

1 Like

awesome! merry Christmas :slight_smile:

The google drive link doesn't work for me. It says the folder is in the trash

I have since changed the link, this is it: Google Drive
Please note that you will have to have python 3 installed, and Pillow. You can install pillow by running the following two commands in a terminal:

/usr/bin/python3 -m pip --upgrade pip
/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install Pillow

The google drive link includes two presets for Spotify and Apple Music.

This preset has worked for me, but other people(possibly running different os versions) have issues with it, so it may not work. Best of luck!

I open the bttpresetcompressed file with BTT and it says: Sorry, the preset couldn't be imported as it seems to be in the wrong format.

Try updating BTT, no idea why it wouldn’t work. That file is directly exported from BTT.

I'm on v3.510 (1648), which seems to be the newest, so I don't know why it doesn't work

Weird, you could try unzipping and pasting the raw text data of the widgets into BTT.

How I access the raw text data? Could you share them as txt or something? Thank you

Rename the .bttcompressed file to a .zip, decompress it, and open it with a text editor.
Copy everything and paste into BTT.

It doesn't work that way either. It says that the file is not compatible.

There’s a newer version I started a new thread for, search for “Colorful playback widget(updated)” :slight_smile:

1 Like