Clipboard Manager Size Starts in Unusable State

Hi,

After resizing some part of the Clipboard Manager window by mistake, now every time BTT restarts, it defaults to this minimum size, which is unusable and have to keep fixing every time. Changing its window size doesn't "stick" to next start, so it comes up like this again.

Another thing I noticed while on this, resizing of that window is awkward. It "skips around" when making it bigger; sometimes going back to a smaller size while you are actually increasing it. It seems to be affected by whatever content is currently selected and that it's displaying on the right panel.

Thanks.

are you somehow killing BTT instead of quitting it? (The window sizes are saved on quit)

If not that sounds like some file permission issue that causes BTT to be unable to save settings to its data file.

Mmm no, I thought about that and tried several things before posting:

• Fixing window size; quitting BTT through Menu Bar
  • Fixing window size; CMD+Q while on the Clipboard Manager
  • Fixing window size; closing it with the red button, quitting BTT afterwards
  • Fixing window size; force to Zoom or Move to Right Side of Screen (Green Button), to see if it would stick

Didn't try killing the process once; only in these ways, but none of them worked

If it's not possible to fix for you, or while you look into it, is there any file that I can edit to revert the Clipboard Manager window to its default size?

I'd recommend to reset the BTT settings (not the configured triggers, just the settings) using this terminal command, make sure BTT is quit first

defaults delete com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool

You could also try to just delete the saved cliboard dimensions, but that would not solve the underlying issue (might solve that specific one though):

defaults delete com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTClipboardFrame

I've tried the second command and it didn't work. I'd much rather not erase all settings, so will live like this for the moment, resizing the window every start up

@Andreas_Hegenberg still wanted to share with you how the Clipboard Manager window "freaks out" when resizing. I imagine something is going on there; I don't know if it has to do with the same problem od defaulting to that weird minimum size or not, but certainly, something is happening there

you probably don’t have that many settings, if you want to try you can first create a copy of the settings file ~/Library/Preferences/com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.plist (go there via Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~)

Something definitely looks broken there.

1 Like