Center window action is moving window to a different monitor

Describe the bug
I created a "center window" keyboard shortcut. It is inadvertently moving the window to a different monitor.

My monitor setup is a bit unique... It looks like this
.. [External1] ........ [External2]
[MBP 15" LCD]

So the Macbook is open under the "External1"

When I run this shortcut while a window is active on either of my external monitors, it moves the window to the Macbook LCD and centers it there.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2017 15" MBP
  • macOS version: 10.14.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.05

I just tried the same on my iMac Pro at home and experienced the same behavior - the window is centered on my "primary" monitor, not the monitor the window was on!

you need to select the appropriate options for your use case here, otherwise primary monitor will be the default

Hm - what ARE the appropriate options for keeping the window on the same display?

I just tried several options including left / from main display, left / from window display, and left / from mouse cursor display. The end result of all 3 of these was the same: if a window is on the main display, the window now jumps to the secondary display upon resize.

It seems that leaving those options blank should not be moving the window onto a different display.....

it should be 0 screens (left/right/up/down) from window display.

I'm currently on a trip without a second monitor, but will be able to test in 2-3 days if that doesn't work.

Ok.. Yeah, that doesn't work. If I do "0 screens" / blank / blank, it will always move to the main display.
If I do "0 screens" / left / [anything]", it moves to my secondary display. I want it to stay on the same display. I'll wait for your return :slight_smile:

Ah I just saw the part about your unique display setup. Probably some bounds check is missing for that situation. I'll look into that.

See my first reply as well - I am now on my iMac Pro with 1 external display and am having the issues in my more recent reply :).

Ah so iMac pro has a standard "horizontal" setup?
That's weird. I'm pretty sure I'm using a similar centering action at home, but probably I'm missing something.

I'll look into it as soon as I'm back to a multi-monitor setup :slight_smile:

Yep, normal horizontal setup. Thanks!

I think this might be fixed in v3.091

Just tried it here at work with my 3 monitor setup... working perfectly now, thank you!!