Can't send shortcuts to new Music app

I can't send any shortcuts to the Music app. I tried with a button on the Touch Bar and again with a global keyboard shortcut, and the app won't recognize either.

I'm trying to create a dedicated Play/Pause button on my Touch Bar but I tested this problem with other shortcuts and none of them worked. I used "Send Shortcut to Specific App".

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2019 MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: macOS Catalina 10.15
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.206 (1382)

Same here.

I got it working by ticking the 'Bring app to front before sending' option (and optional switch back after sending).

yep, unfortunately the music app doesn‘t support background shortcuts anymore. You will need to check the „bring to front box“

Please can you tell me where to find the 'Bring to Front Box'? I've tried the following but it doesn't work:

All apps
Show/Hide Specific Application: Music App - Only Show
Play/Pause
Show/Hide Specific Application: Music App - Only Hide

I've just upgraded to Catalina and am quite frustrated not to control my Music app with my old shortcuts! Thank you in advance.

On the action page, not the trigger page, there's a checkbox that says "Bring app to front before sending" and another below it that reads "Immediately switch back after sending"

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry but I can't see that option in the right-hand Action Configuration column?

It must be the action you have selected. I can see it when I select "Send Shortcut to Specific App". I assigned a shortcut to play/pause Music using the Keyboard section in System Preferences. Then I send that shortcut to Music using BTT and the Touchbar.

Thanks again, I'll give that a try.

or just install to fix the behaviour MAC MEDIA KEY FORWARDER