Can I swap trackpad gestures?

I realize I can map gestures to actions, but what i would like to do is make certain gestures work like others. For example, in Kerbal Space Program, mouse wheel scroll up and down zoom the view, so on my trackpad it works with two fingers up and down. In addition, right mouse drag rotates the view. I would like to make pinch send the scroll gestures, and two finger swipes (without pressing down) send the RMB drags.

This isn't aimed specifically for Kerbal Space Program. I am trying to unify the navigation across a few 3D apps, and really want to be able to map two finger movement (pinching and dragging around) to other trackpad, mouse, or scroll wheel movements (ideally reversible).

Is this possible?

2 Likes

Hi, I would also sorely need this. I'm doing music/audio work in Avid Pro Tools and I recently added an external trackpad to the left side of my keyboard (using a vertical mouse for most of my cursor work).

The first thing I tried instinctively was pinch to zoom in PT:s Edit window but of course it doesn't work (AFAIK Apple has enabled this natively in their own Logic X).

PT's scroll wheel zoom is Opt-Scroll Wheel, so I'd need pinch to be mapped to that.

With BTT, I did manage to send the scroll wheel amount (x,y) with Opt from pinch gestures, but without continuos tracking it's not really useful at all.

So remapping from one gesture type to another with some form of scaling options (and modifier keys) would be very much appreciated!